I’ve been writing this blog for more than three years now–hi, and thank you to everybody who has been following me since the beginning–but now with the new English version and a lot of fresh content coming up, I think it’s a great time to introduce myself again. I love reading these tags about other bloggers or people in general. So, without further adieu, here’s 10 pretty random yet light hearted facts about Lucie (me):
1. I was born and raised in a small Czech town; but, throughout my life, I lived in many different cities, for shorter or longer periods of time, including Prague, Paris, Seoul, small town Luray in Virginia that no one has ever heard of, and finally – Toronto.
2. I’ve visited 46 countries so far. Lately I’ve started realizing that I want to slow down a little bit and go for a long trip once or twice a year rather than do super rushed mini vacations every month (like visiting both New Zealand islands in 10 days or Mexico in 4)
3. I took flute lessons for 15ish years. I played the flute in an orchestra, drums in a marching band and piano in my room (when nobody was listening).
4. I loooove dad jokes and basically any stupid jokes. This one is my favourite:
Two windmills are standing in the field and one asks the other one: “What kind of music do you like?” The other one says: “I’m a huge metal fan.”
It literally made my laugh while writing it.
5. In a world where there is no “picky” boyfriend with different tastes (yes, now I’m looking at you, William Stirling!), I would live in a mid-century modern style apartment. When I grow up I’m getting the Eames chair no matter what!
6. I have a total sweet tooth… Doughnuts, cake, chocolate, you name it, I’ll eat it. I absolutely love desserts and can always make room for them after a meal.
7. I hate hate hate butterflies! They are just gross huuuuge bugs hiding behind their “beautiful”, colourful wings; and, unlike other well behaved bugs, they always sit on me!! Don’t even let me start on ladybugs!
8. There are two Lucies:
Lucie #1 – Athletic apparel, zero makeup, and hair in a pineapple bun
Lucie #2 – Dressed to the nines, with full on makeup, and photoshoot ready
At any given moment, either Lucie can appear.
9. I can’t go underwater without holding my nose – including taking a shower. I learned to plug my nose with my upper lip and this trick worked well until 2016. During my scuba diving exam I was forced to show that I could fill and empty my mask 5m below the surface without ANY nose holding tricks. When I passed the exam, I burst into hysterical crying.
10. I’m allergic to bananas. Even though I ate tons of them throughout my life, the allergy symptoms didn’t show up until a couple of years ago. No more monkey business!
OK now I’m cheating by giving you an extra fun fact about Lucie – I also have a fake cilantro allergy. I need to tell the waiter at least TWICE or otherwise they always put at least a teeny tiny little piece of it in my meal.
Well, that was random, I warned you!
OK, now it’s your turn… Let me know one random fact about yourself in the comment section below. You’ll feel better afterward, promise 🙂